Whittlesey Ladysmith Women’s Institute toasts 40th birthday with founding members
WHITTLESEY Ladysmith Women’s Institute toasted its 40th birthday this week with some of the members who started the group in 1971.
Current president Molly Yardy and the first president Mary Widgery, who have been active in the WI for all 40 years, cut the cake at a special tea party and bingo night.
The next meeting of Ladysmith WI will be their annual July outing, where they are set to enjoy a boat trip on the River Ouse.
The August meeting will be a picnic lunch and the talk in September will be about cooking.
Whittlesey Ladysmith WI meet at St Andrews Hall, Parkinson’s Lane, Whittlesey, on the second Tuesday of the month, starting at 7.30pm (except July and August). Visitors are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Ladysmith WI, contact Liz Phillips on: 07982854872.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial