Whittlesey Ladysmith Women’s Institute toasts 40th birthday with founding members
WHITTLESEY Ladysmith Women’s Institute toasted its 40th birthday this week with some of the members who started the group in 1971.
Current president Molly Yardy and the first president Mary Widgery, who have been active in the WI for all 40 years, cut the cake at a special tea party and bingo night.
The next meeting of Ladysmith WI will be their annual July outing, where they are set to enjoy a boat trip on the River Ouse.
The August meeting will be a picnic lunch and the talk in September will be about cooking.
Whittlesey Ladysmith WI meet at St Andrews Hall, Parkinson’s Lane, Whittlesey, on the second Tuesday of the month, starting at 7.30pm (except July and August). Visitors are welcome.
To find out more about Ladysmith WI, contact Liz Phillips on: 07982854872.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops