Whittlesey Lions raise £600 for Fens Disabled Bowls Association at annual charity golf day
- Credit: Archant
The Whittlesey Lions raised £600 for a local group at their annual charity golf day – despite a waterlogged golf course.
The fundraiser, which took place on Wednesday April 11 in Ramsey, was held to raise money for the Fens Disabled Bowls Association and Sports Hub, Whittlesey.
This is played at Whittlesey Indoor Bowls Club on Station Road.
Although the Golf Course was waterlogged everyone had an enjoyable day and £600 was raised for the charity.
The winning Team being Fen Tigers of Ramsey The trophy was presented to them by Whittlesey Lions President Steve Palmer (See picture attached.) On Wednesday 18th April 2018 Steve Palmer presented a cheque to Ray Hunt at the Indoor Bowls Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Ray is Whittlesey organiser of Fens Disabled Bowls.
He said he was very grateful to Whittlesey Lions for their kind donation. The money will be used to provide equipment.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Mr Palmer said he was very pleased that the Lions were able to help the club in this way.