Mayor of Whittlesey opens sensory garden room at The Gables in Eastrea
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Whittlesey opened a new sensory garden room at The Gables in Eastrea as part of National Care Home Open Day.
To celebrate the occasion the Mayor, Councillor Julie Windle, presented certificates to residents who had taken part in a art competition.
Cllr Windle also officially opened a new garden sensory room which was donated by the family of the late Gerald Allen.
Henry Mutambo, manager of The Gables, said: "On behalf of HC-One we are greatful to Mr Allen's family for their generous donation.
"Our residents will be able to fully benefit from the bird noise and lovely scenery.
You may also want to watch:
"We would also like to thank the mayor for attending and meeting our residents."
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government