Whittlesey pub’s terrific toilets earn it a platinum rating in Loo of the Year Awards
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Whittlesey pub are celebrating after winning national acclaim – for their top-class toilets.
The George Hotel on Market Place has been awarded a platinum star rating by inspectors in the Loo of the Year Awards 2016.
The national awards aim to highlight and improve standards of toilets across the UK, with inspectors making unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets as part of the judging process.
All of the toilets are graded from bronze to gold, but the George is at the top of its class after receiving the platinum rating – the highest award the judges can deliver.
Manager, Steve Kaczorowski, said: “I’m delighted with the award. Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it’s great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
Loo of the Year Awards managing director, Mike Bone, said: “The toilets at the George Hotel have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000