Whittlesey schools get a cash boost from the Quinion Trust
- Credit: Archant
Four Whittlesey schools received a cash boost from The Quinion Trust, a charity in memory of Rev Gordon Quinion to promote swimming lessons for primary school children.
At a recent meeting of the Rotary Club of Whittlesey, local primary schools all received payments from the Quinion Trust, which was set up in memory of the rotarian, councillor and school governor.
Steve Hodson, of the club, said: “His passion was swimming and he is reported to be the first in the Whittlesey outdoor pool when it opened.”
The trust has now been dissolved and the money distributed between the schools.
In a vote of thanks Rob Litten, executive headteacher at Park Lane Primary School and Nursery, said: “It was opportune that funds were in place as we have just been told that swimming lessons had to be funded by each school.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all very grateful to the trust and the Rotary Club of Whittlesey for these donations.”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial