Covid-19: Staff shortage forces restaurant to shut
- Credit: Facebook/Homme Nouveau
A restaurant has been forced to close temporarily due to Covid-19.
One member of kitchen staff at Homme Nouveau in Whittlesey received a positive result on Monday, while all other staff have returned negative lateral flow results but will take further tests.
However, Chris Newman, owner of Homme Nouveau, is now self-isolating.
He said: “Due to myself being in close contact with someone else who tested positive on Sunday, I have also begun a period of self-isolating until August 17.
“This means we frankly do not have enough kitchen staff to operate even if all front of house come back negative.”
Mr Newman said a deep clean will take place once the restaurant can reopen.
He apologised to customers for the disruption, but "I feel it is important to be clear and open with you about this.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 5 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Big Bash concludes eight days of triumph for town
- 10 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
“We will be back open as soon as it is safe to do so and when all staff have been tested negative again next week.”