Covid-19: Staff shortage forces restaurant to shut
- Credit: Facebook/Homme Nouveau
A restaurant has been forced to close temporarily due to Covid-19.
One member of kitchen staff at Homme Nouveau in Whittlesey received a positive result on Monday, while all other staff have returned negative lateral flow results but will take further tests.
However, Chris Newman, owner of Homme Nouveau, is now self-isolating.
He said: “Due to myself being in close contact with someone else who tested positive on Sunday, I have also begun a period of self-isolating until August 17.
“This means we frankly do not have enough kitchen staff to operate even if all front of house come back negative.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Newman said a deep clean will take place once the restaurant can reopen.
He apologised to customers for the disruption, but "I feel it is important to be clear and open with you about this.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
“We will be back open as soon as it is safe to do so and when all staff have been tested negative again next week.”