Whittlesey Rotary Club’s quiz night raises almost £1,900 for four schools
- Credit: Archant
A charity quiz raised almost £1,900 which has been shared out between four schools.
The schools to benefit from Whittlesey Rotary Club’s Life Education quiz were Alderman Jacobs, Coates, New Road and Park Lane.
The quiz has raised a staggering £24,000 since it was launched 18 years ago.
Steve Hodson, of Whittlesey Rotary Club, said: “The Life Education scheme supports four primary schools, putting across a healthy living and anti-drugs message.
“We have a mobile classroom that goes in the schools to spread the message.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s quiz takes place on November 14 at the Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey. The night is at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
To book a team call Steve on 01733 203064. £10 per person (includes supper). Up to eight people per team.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash