‘Whittlesey’s Greatest Loser’ - Slimmer Dee sheds seven stone in a year
SLIMMER Dee Wyldebore has earned the title “Whittlesey’s Greatest Loser” after she shed seven stone in a year.
Determined Dee has plummeted from dress size 26 to 16 after losing the weight with her Slimming World group at Childers, in Whittlesey.
She has taken the club’s “greatest loser” award and could now be in the running for a �3,000 cash prize in the national contest.
Dee said: “I feel like a new woman since losing weight – in fact, people I haven’t seen for a while say they don’t recognise me. I look so different and much younger!
“I feel happier and healthier, I’ve got more energy and I’m more confident in general.
You may also want to watch:
“Before I lost the weight I’d pretend I didn’t care that I was bigger than other people, but it wasn’t true. Being overweight affected every part of my life, I hated clothes shopping and just climbing up stairs would leave me out of breath.
“It was awful. Now I just want to make up for lost time and do all the things that my weight held me back from.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
In Dee’s first week at Slimming World she lost 4.5lb and within a month she had shed thirteen and a half pounds.
She said: “Finding the courage to walk through the doors at Slimming World was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.
“I was terrified that I was going to be the biggest person there. But everyone was so friendly and welcoming that I soon felt at ease and within weeks I’d made some new friends.”
Denise Fassler, who runs the Whittlesey group, said: “The change we’ve seen in Dee is amazing. She is unrecognisable, inside and out, from the person who walked into the group all those months ago.
“She’s a huge inspiration to the other members and I hope her success will inspire other people in Whittlesey who’d like to lose weight and become happier and healthier to take action too.”
The Whittlesey group meets every Tuesday at 9.30am, 5.30pm and 7pm in the function room at Childers in Station Road. For more information contact Denise on 01733 577798.