Whittlesey school celebrates the day they received a visit from Dr Who and a Dalek
- Credit: Archant
Those that visited the Schools Art Exhibition on festival day at the Whittlesey Christian Church also had the opportunity to see Desmond the Dalek.
Visitors were invited to enter a competition to win a visit to their school by answering some multiple choice questions about Dr Who such as: What is the Dalek’s first name? What is the name of Dr Who’s dog?
The first correct entry picked was proud winner Oliver Ryan Clement from Alderman Jacobs School. As his prize both he and over 75 children and four teachers had the surprise of their lives when Desmond arrived at their school.
Robert Windle who accompanied Desmond said: “The children were so excited and very forthcoming when I asked them questions about planets and aliens.
“In fact one girl said she thought her brother was an alien.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Who music was played to create an atmosphere whilst the children were quizzed further on their knowledge of BBC favourite Dr Who.
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning a visit by a Dalek to your school next year then remember to come and see Desmond at the art exhibition on September 10, 2017.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
For more information about the festival or ways in which you can be involved please contact Brian Smithyman on 01733 752093.