Whittlesey school children perform to sell out crowd at 02 Arena as part of Young Voices choir
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from two Fenland schools performed in front of a sell-out crowd at London’s 02 Arena.
Young singers from Park Lane Primary School and New Road Primary School, both of Whittlesey, formed part of the Young Voices choir which took to the stage in the 20,000 seater arena.
They performed a medley of new and old pop songs including Bon Jovi’s Living on a Prayer, Westlife’s You Raise Me Up and E.L.O’s Mr Blue Sky.
Lucy Porter, teacher at both schools, said, “The experience of performing at the O2 Arena was simply breathtaking and something they will remember forever.
“The pupils worked very hard to perfect their songs in the weeks before and it showed as they were all in very good voice throughout the performance.
You may also want to watch:
“During the afternoon all the schools rehearsed in the arena with a professional conductor, band and dance group called Urban Strides.
“It was a wonderful day and a fantastic experience for everyone. The pupils represented Whittlesey extremely well.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Young Voices is the largest children’s choir organiser in the world - they organise 14 concerts a year in the UK and Ireland’s leading arenas.