Winners announced in the Christmas shop window competition organised by Whittlesey Business Forum
- Credit: Archant
There’s nothing like the wonder of the High Street and Christmas window displays and in Whittlesey they’ve turned it into a moment of seasonal rivalry.
Quite which shop had the best Christmas display was the challenge for those who went out to check how local businesses had immersed themselves in the Christmas spirit for the annual shop window competition.
Organised by the Whittlesey Business Forum the judges had difficult decisions to make from the great number of entries.
First place went to Grosvenor Flooring based in Queen Street for their hand made winter scenery with train set; 2nd place for a very Christmas setting was Glow Tanning Studio in Causeway Mews and 3rd place went to Curtains and Blinds in the Market Place.
Joe Jenning, chairman of the business forum, was delighted with the number of entries and the increasing standard of those entries.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a tough decision as the quality and effort by so many businesses was excellent”, he said.
For more details about the Whittlesey Business Forum go to www.whittleseybusiness.co.uk
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash