Slimmer 'loving life' after health scare inspired weight loss
- Credit: Chris Brudenell Photography
A Whittlesey slimmer says that losing more than two stone in weight helped to change her future following a health scare.
Since joining Charlene Knowles’ Wednesday evening Slimming World Group in February, Tracey McIntosh had been a successful member.
But, with a busy business, being a mother and life in general, she recalls that group had to go.
Then, when lockdown hit, Tracey found herself enjoying a bottle of wine with meals and new habits of an evening drink resulted in less energy in the day.
A major health issue then shocked Tracey and she knew she needed to make some changes.
You may also want to watch:
Returning to group in the ‘virtual’ world worked well as Tracey had to isolate as much as possible.
Just over three months in, she was awarded her one and a half stone award.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 8 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
Tracey, who admits she has had “carb issues” all her life, has now lost over two stone.
“I am loving life now that I have more energy for my children and grandchildren,” she said, adding that she is considering moving her target even further.
Call Charlene on 07931 313201 for more information about joining her Slimming World group.