Slimmer 'loving life' after health scare inspired weight loss
- Credit: Chris Brudenell Photography
A Whittlesey slimmer says that losing more than two stone in weight helped to change her future following a health scare.
Since joining Charlene Knowles’ Wednesday evening Slimming World Group in February, Tracey McIntosh had been a successful member.
But, with a busy business, being a mother and life in general, she recalls that group had to go.
Then, when lockdown hit, Tracey found herself enjoying a bottle of wine with meals and new habits of an evening drink resulted in less energy in the day.
A major health issue then shocked Tracey and she knew she needed to make some changes.
Returning to group in the ‘virtual’ world worked well as Tracey had to isolate as much as possible.
Just over three months in, she was awarded her one and a half stone award.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 5 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Big Bash concludes eight days of triumph for town
- 10 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
Tracey, who admits she has had “carb issues” all her life, has now lost over two stone.
“I am loving life now that I have more energy for my children and grandchildren,” she said, adding that she is considering moving her target even further.
Call Charlene on 07931 313201 for more information about joining her Slimming World group.