Festival offers girls an opportunity to play football in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring young footballers competed in the second edition of an all-girls festival that was organised by the Whittlesey Sports Association.
Five teams played each other on a round robin basis during the second Inter School Girls Festival, which was organised to support local primary schools.
Robert Windle, organiser, said: "We were delighted to give the girls an opportunity to play football as there's very little chance for them to do that in the town.
"Whittlesey Junior Football Club is looking to start a new girls section - that's our end goal."
Sponsored by the Peterborough & Fenland Referee Development Scheme all the girls and match officials received gold medals from the Mayor of Whittlesey Cllr Julie Windle.
You may also want to watch:
The event was held at Alderman Jacobs School with New Road and Park Lane also involved.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens