Whittlesey teen prepares to run London Marathon in aid of Sue Ryder Care
- Credit: Archant
A Whittlesey teenager is preparing himself for the London Marathon where he’ll be raising funds for a charity close to his family’s heart.
Ben Harding’s position in the race was secured by Sue Ryder Care and a fundraising target of £1,700 has been set. But the 19-year-old hopes to further that number and raise £2,000.
He has already raised £175 on a crowdfunding page and supporters are leaving encouraging messages. One said: “Good luck Ben, fantastic opportunity for a brilliant cause”.
Another said: “I know you’ll do well, run Forest run.”
Ben has organised a coffee morning to be held at the Childers Social Club in Whittlesey on March 24 where he will be selling homemade cakes, refreshments and running a raffle to reach his goal.
You may also want to watch:
Peterborough United FC donated a home shirt signed by the team as a prize for the raffle and Ben hopes to get support from his work at BGL Customer Services, an insurance company based in Peterborough.
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-harding5
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire