Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- Credit: Google Maps
The driver and passenger of a car involved in a major crash remain in hospital after suffering serious injuries, with one in a critical condition.
Their BMW 335d left the A15 northbound at around 6.45pm on Friday, May 14, careering off a roundabout before colliding with a tree.
The driver, a 35-year-old man from Whittlesey, was taken to Peterborough City Hospital where he remains with serious injuries.
The back seat passenger, a 36-year-old woman from Whittlesey, suffered life-threatening injuries and remains in the same hospital in a critical but stable condition.
The front seat passenger, a 35-year-old man from Peterborough, received minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire police said: “We are appealing for witnesses to a serious single-vehicle crash in Peterborough on Friday (May 14).
“A grey BMW 335D was travelling northbound on the A15 at about 6.45pm when it left the road at the Paston Parkway roundabout, at the junction with David's Lane, and crashed into a tree.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
“Officers are now looking to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or the car just prior.
“They would particularly like to hear from the driver of a red Ford Fiesta who may have been in area at the time of the crash.”