Whittlesey Wind Ensemble in search of new members
- Credit: Archant
WHITTLESEY Wind Ensemble has just celebrated its first anniversary, and is now on the look-out for more players to swell their ranks.
The ensemble is holding an opening evening on Thursday October 17, and would welcome wind players of at least grade 3 standard to come along and find out more.
Conductor Barry Strickle said: “We had a fantastic first year. We started with 12 players and now we have 21 members. It would be lovely if we could get up to a 30-strong ensemble.”
The open evening at the Queen Street Methodist Church Hall starts at 7.45pm, and Barry is particularly hoping to hear from musicians who play
the clarinet, cornet, trumpet, Eb horn and F horn, trombone and tuba.
You may also want to watch:
Barry said: “Anyone interested is invited to come along and see what we are about. Bring your instrument and music stand and join in to get a feel of our set-up.
“If you have never taken grade exams, make contact with me for an informal chat.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
Contact Barry on 01733 208209 or e-mail email@example.com