Whittlesey woman and celebrity trainer team up to inspire people to get healthy
- Credit: Archant
A FITNESS day to inspire people to get healthy will be held at a Sawtry sports centre on Sunday.
Celebrity personal trainer Richard Callender, from the TV show Biggest Loser, will be leading three sessions at Sawtry One Leisure, Sawtry, in the morning and a host of exciting classes are promised for the afternoon.
The day has been organised by Liz Stannard, Weight Watchers leader, who says her life has been transformed since she decided to get healthy five years ago.
Mrs Stannard, who runs Weight Watchers meetings in Whittlesey, said: “I thought I had a really good reason to be the way I was because I had cancer in my 20s and a premature baby in my 30s, but when I reached my early 40s I realised I had to do something about my lifestyle, so I joined a club.
“I love food but I lost three stone in eight months and have never looked back.
You may also want to watch:
“I have become so much more active, and want to give my members and their friends and families a chance to try classes in a non threatening, fun environment.”
This will be the second edition of the fitness day after last year’s successful launch.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Mrs Stannard said: “I teamed up with a friend of mine, Richard Callender, and last year he came and ran half of a fitness day for us, with classes in the afternoon run by local instructors including Jazzercise, Body Combat and Pilates.
“It was such a huge success we are running it again.
“The day will be a great chance to try something new and all the instructors give out their details so if you enjoy yourself you can do more classes.”
The fitness day runs from 10am-3pm. Tickets are £15 and can be purchased on the door or by calling Liz Stannard at 07855 862474