Whittlesey woman celebrates landmark birthday
- Credit: Archant
FIVE generations gathered at a Peterborough care home to celebrate a Whittlesey woman’s landmark birthday.
Mary Norris celebrated her 100th birthday on Friday and received a birthday card from Her Majesty the Queen and a telegram from MP Iain Duncan Smith to mark the occasion.
Mary has five children, Malcolm, Judith, James, Steven and Lynnette. 13 grandchildren, 22 great grandchildren and one great great grandchild.
She was born in Church Street, Whittlesey and lived in the town for all of her life until recently moving to the Park Vista care home in Peterborough.
She started her career at Boots chemist in Peterborough and went on to marry Bill Norris.
They lived in Broad Street, Whittlesey, as proprietors of Norris Jewellers.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday