Whittlesey woman celebrates landmark birthday
- Credit: Archant
FIVE generations gathered at a Peterborough care home to celebrate a Whittlesey woman’s landmark birthday.
Mary Norris celebrated her 100th birthday on Friday and received a birthday card from Her Majesty the Queen and a telegram from MP Iain Duncan Smith to mark the occasion.
Mary has five children, Malcolm, Judith, James, Steven and Lynnette. 13 grandchildren, 22 great grandchildren and one great great grandchild.
She was born in Church Street, Whittlesey and lived in the town for all of her life until recently moving to the Park Vista care home in Peterborough.
She started her career at Boots chemist in Peterborough and went on to marry Bill Norris.
You may also want to watch:
They lived in Broad Street, Whittlesey, as proprietors of Norris Jewellers.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November