Whittlesey woman has her head in the clouds for charity
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of the Scaldgate Club will be throwing herself out of a plane to raise money for the Whittlesey venue.
The god-daughter of the chairman of the Scaldgate Club will leap from a plane to raise money for the Whittlesey venue.
The club meets every Thursday for adults with learning disabilities aged from 19-90.
Pam Potts, Melissa’s godmother, said: “Melissa has very kindly volunteered to do a sponsored tandem parachute jump to help us raise much-needed funds, as we receive no grants and rely purely on donations and our own fund-raising efforts.
“The club is now desperate for funding to avoid its closure.”
You may also want to watch:
The Scaldgate Club covers Whittlesey and the surrounding villages and runs at the Whittlesey Youth Centre in Scaldgate.
Activities include arts & crafts, trips out, discos, snooker and table tennis.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Anyone wishing to donate should contact Pam Potts on 01733 840303 or Pam Clifford on 01733 206887.