Whittlesey woman killed in crash
A WOMAN from Whittlesey has been killed in a head-on road crash.
Irene Jackson was a passenger in a Vauxhall Corsa when it was in collision with a Scania lorry on the A605 at Lynch Wood, near Peterborough.
The 87-year-old, from Pingle Close, Whittlesey, died at the scene of the smash after she was trapped in the vehicle. Paramedics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance and a Magpas emergency doctor had tried to save her.
The 87-year-old male driver of the Corsa and the 37-year-old lorry driver were not injured in the collision at 2.15pm on Tuesday (June 15).
Police have now appealed to the public for information about the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with details should contact Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 4 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’