Who expects this? Man sitting in his parked car, using his mobile phone is assaulted by robbers who demand money then make off in his vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A man who was in his parked car using his mobile phone was assaulted and had his vehicle stolen after four men opened the door and demanded money.
Four men opened the door of the victim’s silver Honda Civic and demanded cash before assaulting him.
The motorist got out of the vehicle and was assaulted further before they made off in his car.
Police have issued CCTV image of the Peterborough robbers in a bid to track the culprits down.
Detective Constable Liam Sweeney said: “The victim was going about his own business when he was subject to an unprovoked attack.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to hear from anyone who recognises the men in the CCTV images.”
The incident happened at about 3pm on May 13, when the victim was sat in his car using his mobile phone in Wheatdole, Orton Goldhay.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.