Who made terrible decision to spend £50,000 on re-branding Fenland’s leisure centres?
- Credit: Archant
Whilst I have every sympathy and agree with the outcry over the changes to the Fenland leisure facilities, the thing that astonishes me most is that in these times of austerity and cutbacks a council can find £50,000 to spend on re-branding!
I assume this has been spent on paying graphic designers, signs, new uniforms and the throwing away and re-printing of all the literature and headed paper?
I understand that the department that deals with, among other things these facilities, is having its staff cut from 11 to five. This money would have helped to keep staff levels up - such a reduction will only lead to work errors and stress.
Are there 5,000 people out there who were not using the leisure centres but, now they are called New Vision Fitness, will be rushing through the doors? I think not.
Who made this terrible decision to spend our money on this?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire