Why are we being forced to go digital?
MAY I ask your readers if they know why we are being forced to shell out millions of pounds to go digital with our radios and televisions?
Some say it’s because we will get better reception but mine so far, on both, has been rubbish.
Would it have anything to do with the suggestion that the government, which has ‘owned’ the airwaves since 1904 is set to rake in billions next year when it sells off the analogue airwaves to the mobile phone companies?
As a follower of that son of Wisbech, William Godwin, I shouldn’t be too surprised if it was true but perhaps your readers know otherwise?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s