Widower offers £100 for return of his precious wedding ring
- Credit: Archant
A March widower who lost his precious wedding ring in a supermarket is offering a £100 reward for its return.
Paul Cox, of Creek Road, lost the wide gold band at Lidl on Friday morning, and is desperate for its return.
Daughter Zoe Cox explained: “My step mother Elaine died in February, so there is no chance of them choosing another ring.
“It was their wedding anniversary on Monday, and Dad was very upset that he had to go through their first anniversary without her and without his wedding ring. He really wants it back, it is very special to him.”
The lost ring is a traditional wide gold band. Zoe added: “Dad never takes his ring off, and was shopping in Lidl on Friday about 10.30am when he realised it had gone. He had a look around but could not find it, and I went back later in the day to look again, but there was no sign of it.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the missing ring is asked to call the Cambs Times on 01354 652621.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off