Will an Eddie be named after Belinda?
BELINDA Arnott is an Eddie Stobart fan – and now one of the famous haulier s lorries is likely to be named after her. She has just completed her second trip in a Stobart lorry. The first was wiped from her memory just minutes after it finished when she su
BELINDA Arnott is an Eddie Stobart fan - and now one of the famous haulier's lorries is likely to be named after her.
She has just completed her second trip in a Stobart lorry. The first was wiped from her memory just minutes after it finished when she suffered an epileptic fit.
But her sister Maria works at the Asda supermarket in Wisbech with Sharon Sumner, whose husband Dave is a driver for Eddie Stobart and is based at their depot in Nene Parade, Wisbech.
Mr Sumner said "We are not insured to take people out for a ride but Eddie Stobart himself always helped children in the past and my bosses said I could take her out.
You may also want to watch:
"She asked lots of questions about the lorry and loved the journey."
He also said that one of the haulage company's new lorries, which are all given female names, could be named after Belinda following the trip.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 4 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
In response to the news, Maria said: "That would be so amazing. She would be really pleased with that."
Belinda, 35, of Swan Court, March,, suffers with learning difficulties as well as diabetes and epilepsy. She is a fan of Thomas the Tank Engine and lorries, especially Eddie Stobart lorries.
Her family, as well as some of Maria's work colleagues, collect the name and number of every Eddie Stobart lorry they see. Their tally currently stands at 296.