Will council’s saving be passed on to us?
IT was with interest I read last week s article regarding the proposed referendum among Fenland s tenants — of whom I am not one — concerning the sell-off of Fenland s housing stock to Circle Anglia. If we assume the transfer takes place a few questions n
IT was with interest I read last week's article regarding the proposed referendum among Fenland's tenants - of whom I am not one - concerning the sell-off of Fenland's housing stock to Circle Anglia.
If we assume the transfer takes place a few questions need answering.
When the transfer of the stock is completed and Fenland Council receives money for the sale, less the government's cut, the money they receive in total for the sale of the garages, the money they save by not having to maintain these properties and the saving on the wage bill for the employees transferred to Circle Anglia, how much will council tax decrease?
I also noted that some councillors will be sitting on the Circle Anglia board.
You may also want to watch:
How many will there be? Who will they be? Will they be paid by Circle Anglia. (as well as us)?
If the answer to the last question is 'yes', have the said councillors been in any way involved with the process by which Circle Anglia were appointed?
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
Will the said councillors be in any way involved with the campaign to "persuade" tenants to go ahead with the transfer?
I see the potential for a conflict of interest here and I think Fenland Council should reassure the poor tax payers all is open and above board.
I M ANDERSON, Worsley Chase, March