Will council’s saving be passed on to us?
IT was with interest I read last week s article regarding the proposed referendum among Fenland s tenants — of whom I am not one — concerning the sell-off of Fenland s housing stock to Circle Anglia. If we assume the transfer takes place a few questions n
IT was with interest I read last week's article regarding the proposed referendum among Fenland's tenants - of whom I am not one - concerning the sell-off of Fenland's housing stock to Circle Anglia.
If we assume the transfer takes place a few questions need answering.
When the transfer of the stock is completed and Fenland Council receives money for the sale, less the government's cut, the money they receive in total for the sale of the garages, the money they save by not having to maintain these properties and the saving on the wage bill for the employees transferred to Circle Anglia, how much will council tax decrease?
I also noted that some councillors will be sitting on the Circle Anglia board.
You may also want to watch:
How many will there be? Who will they be? Will they be paid by Circle Anglia. (as well as us)?
If the answer to the last question is 'yes', have the said councillors been in any way involved with the process by which Circle Anglia were appointed?
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 10 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
Will the said councillors be in any way involved with the campaign to "persuade" tenants to go ahead with the transfer?
I see the potential for a conflict of interest here and I think Fenland Council should reassure the poor tax payers all is open and above board.
I M ANDERSON, Worsley Chase, March