Will the well-fancied female appear?
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all. For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all.
For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight (Fri) in Grantham and Stamford.
Local Tories will decide between Vicky and three male candidates who they want to replace Quentin Davies, who defected to Labour earlier this year.
And just in case she doesn't win, Vicky will be well positioned for the up and coming Fenland poll, having gone through tonight's selection with a primary style debate similar to that being considered for NE Cambs.
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Ford worked in banking for 14 years and was managing director of a major bank before stepping back from business to get involved in politics.
"Stamford and Grantham people have spoken to me about traffic and anti-social behaviour. My experience will help solve these problems," she has told her prospective electorate.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
Cometh the hour, cometh the woman?