Will the well-fancied female appear?
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all. For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all.
For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight (Fri) in Grantham and Stamford.
Local Tories will decide between Vicky and three male candidates who they want to replace Quentin Davies, who defected to Labour earlier this year.
And just in case she doesn't win, Vicky will be well positioned for the up and coming Fenland poll, having gone through tonight's selection with a primary style debate similar to that being considered for NE Cambs.
Vicky Ford worked in banking for 14 years and was managing director of a major bank before stepping back from business to get involved in politics.
"Stamford and Grantham people have spoken to me about traffic and anti-social behaviour. My experience will help solve these problems," she has told her prospective electorate.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
Cometh the hour, cometh the woman?