Will the well-fancied female appear?
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all. For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all.
For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight (Fri) in Grantham and Stamford.
Local Tories will decide between Vicky and three male candidates who they want to replace Quentin Davies, who defected to Labour earlier this year.
And just in case she doesn't win, Vicky will be well positioned for the up and coming Fenland poll, having gone through tonight's selection with a primary style debate similar to that being considered for NE Cambs.
Vicky Ford worked in banking for 14 years and was managing director of a major bank before stepping back from business to get involved in politics.
"Stamford and Grantham people have spoken to me about traffic and anti-social behaviour. My experience will help solve these problems," she has told her prospective electorate.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
Cometh the hour, cometh the woman?