Will the well-fancied female appear?
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all. For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight
MAYBE, just maybe, the well fancied female candidate for nomination as the successor to Malcolm Moss may not appear after all.
For I learn that Vicky Ford, the 40 year-old councillor from South Cambs, has made the short list for possible selection tonight (Fri) in Grantham and Stamford.
Local Tories will decide between Vicky and three male candidates who they want to replace Quentin Davies, who defected to Labour earlier this year.
And just in case she doesn't win, Vicky will be well positioned for the up and coming Fenland poll, having gone through tonight's selection with a primary style debate similar to that being considered for NE Cambs.
You may also want to watch:
Vicky Ford worked in banking for 14 years and was managing director of a major bank before stepping back from business to get involved in politics.
"Stamford and Grantham people have spoken to me about traffic and anti-social behaviour. My experience will help solve these problems," she has told her prospective electorate.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
Cometh the hour, cometh the woman?