Wimblington cafe awarded place in first ever white van good food guide
- Credit: Archant
A FENLAND cafe has seen off competition from a thousand other eateries to earn its place in a good food guide.
Cafe Skylark, located at Skylark Country Store and Garden Centre, Manea Road, Wimblington, was selected in MORETH>N’s ‘White Van gourmand’, the UK’s first-ever good food guide.
It is written by van drivers and highlights 20 of the UK’s best cafes, restaurants, pubs and gourmet mobile food vendors that are just a short drive from some of Britain’s major roads.
Each location was reviewed by a panel of van drivers turned food critics according to quality, convenience, price and speed of service.
Manager Drom Kennington said: “It is fantastic news. We are honoured that they have thought of us in this way, especially since they had 1,000 to choose from.
“It will be a big boost for the business. We welcome a lot of people from the bypass and hopefully this will attract more customers.
“We use locally sourced food and try to deliver the best experience we can. Our staff are friendly and customers often come back because they say they like the atmosphere.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 5 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
Cafe Skylark was reviewed by florist and foodie Melanie Jarvis, who awarded it a perfect 5-star rating.
An excerpt from Melanie’s review said: “The breakfast is award winning and it so it should be. Generous portions, good quality local produce and a real lack of grease, unlike many roadside cafes.
“The staff at Skylark are friendly and approachable and provided a quick service. Customer service is at the top of their agenda. As cafes go you could not ask for more.”
As well as receiving a glowing review, Cafe Skylark has been presented with a special ‘White Van Gourmand’ rosette for the owners to display as a symbol of their fantastic food and hospitality.
The guide has been produced by MORE TH>N Van Insurance and is available as a free download from inside.morethan.com