Wimblington cafe awarded place in first ever white van good food guide
- Credit: Archant
A FENLAND cafe has seen off competition from a thousand other eateries to earn its place in a good food guide.
Cafe Skylark, located at Skylark Country Store and Garden Centre, Manea Road, Wimblington, was selected in MORETH>N’s ‘White Van gourmand’, the UK’s first-ever good food guide.
It is written by van drivers and highlights 20 of the UK’s best cafes, restaurants, pubs and gourmet mobile food vendors that are just a short drive from some of Britain’s major roads.
Each location was reviewed by a panel of van drivers turned food critics according to quality, convenience, price and speed of service.
Manager Drom Kennington said: “It is fantastic news. We are honoured that they have thought of us in this way, especially since they had 1,000 to choose from.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a big boost for the business. We welcome a lot of people from the bypass and hopefully this will attract more customers.
“We use locally sourced food and try to deliver the best experience we can. Our staff are friendly and customers often come back because they say they like the atmosphere.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Cafe Skylark was reviewed by florist and foodie Melanie Jarvis, who awarded it a perfect 5-star rating.
An excerpt from Melanie’s review said: “The breakfast is award winning and it so it should be. Generous portions, good quality local produce and a real lack of grease, unlike many roadside cafes.
“The staff at Skylark are friendly and approachable and provided a quick service. Customer service is at the top of their agenda. As cafes go you could not ask for more.”
As well as receiving a glowing review, Cafe Skylark has been presented with a special ‘White Van Gourmand’ rosette for the owners to display as a symbol of their fantastic food and hospitality.
The guide has been produced by MORE TH>N Van Insurance and is available as a free download from inside.morethan.com