All you need to know about Wimblington Christmas lights switch on 2018
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular Christmas lights switch on event will take place in Wimblington this Sunday (November 25).
Father Christmas’ Sleigh arrives in Addison Road at 4pm for photo opportunities and ‘meet and greet’ before the village is lit up at 6pm.
There will be a craft fayre at the parish hall, festive stalls and fairground rides lining the streets.
Music and singing will come from Wimblington Village Choir and Manea Silver Band, with hot festive treats and cosy drinks to snuggle up with.
A mega hamper raffle will also take place.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t forget that Father Christmas will also be touring the village the day before the big switch on, Saturday November 24.
He will take to the streets of Wimblington to have a look around and say hello from 3.30pm.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
His elves will be handing out sweets and will happily accept any spare change you may have - which will go towards next year’s display.
The Wimblington Christmas Lights Group was formed in 2015 by a few volunteers from the village.