All you need to know about Wimblington Christmas lights switch on 2018
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular Christmas lights switch on event will take place in Wimblington this Sunday (November 25).
Father Christmas’ Sleigh arrives in Addison Road at 4pm for photo opportunities and ‘meet and greet’ before the village is lit up at 6pm.
There will be a craft fayre at the parish hall, festive stalls and fairground rides lining the streets.
Music and singing will come from Wimblington Village Choir and Manea Silver Band, with hot festive treats and cosy drinks to snuggle up with.
A mega hamper raffle will also take place.
Don’t forget that Father Christmas will also be touring the village the day before the big switch on, Saturday November 24.
He will take to the streets of Wimblington to have a look around and say hello from 3.30pm.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
His elves will be handing out sweets and will happily accept any spare change you may have - which will go towards next year’s display.
The Wimblington Christmas Lights Group was formed in 2015 by a few volunteers from the village.