Wimblington Christmas lights switch on date announced
- Credit: Archant
Wimblington’s Christmas lights will be switched on on Sunday November 27 at the Parish Hall, Addison Road.
Father Christmas will be touring the village on his sleigh assisted by his elves from 4pm and is due to arrive at the hall for around 6pm ready for the countdown to the switch-on.
He will be assisted by competition winner Cleo Stiff, who created the winning design for this year’s poster, to switch on 2016’s Christmas lights.
There will be festive games, stalls, small fairground rides, and music in the Parish Hall car park.
This year’s lights have recieved £3,000 of funding, thanks to bacon butty mornings, the Queen’s birthday tea party, beer festivals and quiz nights. March Christmas Lights Group also donated some lights which will be on display.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.wimblingtonchristmaslights.webs.com for more information.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder