Villagers toast season success with annual awards night
- Credit: Wimblington CC
There was silverware aplenty for Wimblington Cricket Club as they capped off the 2021 Cambs League season with their annual awards.
Both the senior and junior teams held their presentation evenings this month at their Parkfield Sports Club home.
For the seniors, the departing Jack Dent won a loyalty award while Josh Fox picked up the all-round performance trophy.
Youngsters Bailey King and Fabian Hollamby were named players’ player and manager’s player respectively, while Charlie Kemp won the most improved award.
“It all went brilliantly and from where they were to where they are now is massive,” junior coach Paul Cole said.
You may also want to watch:
Wimblington CC are looking to set up a women’s team in the near future – to join or for more details on the club, call Paul on 07904 900554 or Paul King on 01354 740041.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
Seniors: Jack Dent (loyalty award); Callum Fountain (funniest Sunday moment); Marcus Larham (Martin Dent memorial trophy); Jay Cole (most improved player Saturday team & manager’s player Sunday); Rob Kemp (players’ player Saturday and Sunday & batsman Saturday); Glyn Wilson (funniest Saturday moment); Leon Walker (bowling Sunday & clubman award; Josh Fox (batting Sunday, bowling Saturday & all-round Saturday and Sunday); Harvey Payne (most improved Sunday); Poppy Cole (captain’s player Saturday); Paul King (chairman’s award).
Juniors: Bailey King (players’ player); Fabian Hollamby (manager’s player); Charlie Kemp (most improved player).