Circus-themed entertainment at Wimblington fun day brings 1,300 to village
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 people filled the streets of Wimblington yesterday (Sunday July 15) as the village held its annual fun day.
Now in its fifth year, the fun day was circus-themed – complete with a ringmaster on the gate and clowns and stilt walkers once inside.
Joanne Rose, chairwoman of the Wimblington Fun Day committee, which has just six members, said: “We had 1,300 people come through the gate. It was a really great turnout, especially considering how hot it was.
“It’s just about getting everyone to come together and all of the money raised will go towards running next year’s fun day.”
Wimblington Village Choir opened the day with music before Jezo gave a magic show and then a clown show.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon saw children take part in races including hoops and hurdles – which ended with a massive water balloon fight.
There were also 12 to 15 stalls ran by charities and local groups, as well as an arena full of giant inflatables and water zorbs which kept the children occupied throughout the afternoon.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
A bar was provided by Parkfield Sports Club and there was a range of classic cars and American vehicles on display.