Wimblington Keep Fit group celebrates the start of Spring with brilliant Easter bonnets
Spring has sprung and that can only mean one thing – the Wimblington Keep Fit group’s Easter Bonnet Lunch.
Dozens of the group – who meet every Monday at Wimblington Village Hall – celebrated Easter early by holding their annual lunch meeting at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
The lunch was the group’s 18th celebration of Easter and they saw in the occasion by donning home-made hats featuring daffodils, chicks and Easter eggs.
The event was organised by Margaret Moulton and Chrissie Siblie, who say it has been a successful year for the Fenland club.
“We organised birthday cards and flowers for our members and we have a few lunch meetings every year,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve even got a waiting list!”
The Wimblington Keep Fit group is a chair-based exercise class.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash