Fenland ladies keep fit group don Easter bonnets to enjoy annual dinner
- Credit: Archant
Beautiful bonnets were on display as ladies from a keep fit group met for their annual Easter lunch.
Wimblington Keep Fit’s ladies graced The Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March this afternoon.
Twenty-six lively ladies, who meet every Monday at Wimblington Parish Hall, also enjoy lunch at the hotel on two other occasions throughout the year.
They donned colourful creations of headwear decorated with daffodils, chicks and eggs.
The group, run by Margaret Moulton and Christina Sibley, have been holding the luncheon for more than 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Moulton said: “The bonnets are of exceptional quality this year.
“Meetings like this are always important to us as it’s a nice chance to meet up for some of those who may be on their own.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“We love doing this and our lovely ladies range in age up to their late 80s.
“Our sessions have gentle exercise to music and always involve tea and cake after.”