Wimblington paedophile had nearly 900 images of children on his computer but is spared jail
- Credit: Archant
A Wimblington man who downloaded hundreds of indecent movie clips of children, some as young as three, has been spared jail.
Jeffrey Rae, 59, of Woodysfield, was found to be in possession of nearly 900 illegal movies after police officers searched his computer and hard drives.
At Cambridge Crown Court Rae pleaded guilty to four charges of possessing indecent images of children and three of making indecent images of children through downloading.
He was given an eight month prison sentence, suspended for two years, and must join the sex offenders’ register for ten years.
He was given an eight month concurrent prison sentences for each offence, suspended for two years.
You may also want to watch:
He must complete 35 days of rehabilitation activities and pay £245 court costs.
He is also subject to a sexual harm prevention order controlling his internet usage and must join the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend