Wimblington turns out in force for the St Peter’s Church autumn fayre
- Credit: Archant
A huge thanks has been sent to the people of Wimblington for turning out in force to support the church autumn fayre.
A total of £730 was raised at the annual event which will go towards upkeep of St Peter’s Church.
Church warden Peter James said: “It was absolutely amazing. The donations of items and things to sell was phenomenal.
“The turn out on the day was jam packed, we are so pleased to see such community support and also really pleased with the fantastic amount raised to keep the church running.
“A massive thank you to everybody who came and made it such a success.”
You may also want to watch:
At the event were a range of stalls including guess the weight of the cake, a quiz, refreshments, crafts, a secret health stall selling healthy cooking oils and bric a brac.
Also at the event was Tesco community champion Kelly Riddell who ran the raffle along with a Tesco donation for a prize.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'