WIN!: 3CD Fabulous 50s boxset is released - and we’ve got three copies to give away in competition
SIXTY tracks from the Fabulous 50s were released on a 3CD boxset this week - and we’ve got three copies up for grabs.
The fabulous fifties were swinging, fast-paced years when, for the very first time, you didn’t have to be just a child or an adult.
In fact you could be something far more exciting – a teenager!
The 1950’s saw a sharp rise in the number of young people, the so called ‘baby-boomers’ who were growing up and hugely outnumbered their older generations. And they wanted music they could call their own.
It was an exciting and rebellious time and its music reflected just that. Whether it was skiffle, easy listening, swing, or early rock and roll, it all spoke directly to the younger generation.
A definite soundtrack emerged for a definite section of society – it was truly popular music.
Now a collection of 60 of these wonderful, influential songs are brought together on The Fabulous 50s, the first release in the My Kind Of Music series.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Could you give these pets a home?
My Kind Of Music is its own unique brand through USM Media that plans single and multi-artist nostalgic compilations specifically evoking memories and feelings of years gone by. The series then builds into a complete collection of unforgettable recordings.
Titled simply The Fabulous 50s this first, three CD deluxe box set embarks on a marathon journey - from the big stage of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin to the easy tones of Perry Como, Pat Boone and the Everly Brothers, from the guitar stomps of Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran and Bill Haley to the pop beats of Ricky Nelson, Emil Forde and The Avons.
Out on USM Media on February 7th, The Fabulous 50s comprises almost two and a half hours down memory lane.
Beautifully presented and thoughtfully compiled The Fabulous 50s gives you just what it says on the tin – fabulous music from a truly unforgettable time.
To be in with a chance of winning a copy, answer this question:
How many songs make up the 3CD Fabulous 50s boxset?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number, to Fabulous 50s Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday February 18. Alternatively, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners will be the three answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.