WIN: A place at Manchester United Soccer Schools two-day course in Cambridgeshire
THE world famous Manchester United Soccer Schools will be coming to Cambridgeshire in April and one lucky reader will get the chance to ‘learn to play the United way’ for free.
We’ve teamed up with the schools’ organisers to offer a place on the two-day player development course - worth �69.95 - to any football fanatic between the ages of six and 16.
The course kicks off on April 16 at St Bede’s Inter Church School in Cambridge as UEFA qualified coaches - who taught 6,000 boys and girls during last year’s UK-based courses - work hard to develop the skills of tomorrow’s stars.
One player from the Cambridge course will also be selected to attend ‘Champions Day’, a celebration event for those young players that have excelled at the PDC courses around the UK.
The selected individual will get the opportunity to play on the pitch at Old Trafford and take part in an exclusive training day with the top coaches at Manchester United Soccer Schools. Attendees of the course will also be in with a chance of winning tickets to see Manchester United play in a Premier League home match.
You may also want to watch:
The schools’ programmes have been developed alongside the club’s notorious youth academy which has seen a conveyor belt of world-class stars - including Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and David Beckham - pass through its ranks.
Youngsters of all abilities will get to play football using state-of-the-art training equipment to develop their fundamental football skills. Those taking the course will also be taught valuable skills about attitude and behaviour on and off the field of play.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Emma Savage, head of the soccer schools, said: “Every year we have so many passionate young footballers attending the Player Development Courses in Cambridge. The two-day course offers children so much more than just football training and to see children develop their confidence is incredibly rewarding for everyone involved.
“Since 1999, we have built a programme of Soccer Schools that promote a lifelong passion for the game, which is why we have players returning year in, year out.”
For a chance to win a place on the two-day course answer this question: How many boys and girls were taught during Manchester United Soccer Schools UK-based courses last year?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number, to MUFC competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday February 25. Alternatively e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org and put MUFC competition in the message line.
The winner will be the first answer drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.
• Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by e-mail from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by e-mail please include your e-mail address on your postal entry or mark your e-mail entry with ‘Agreed to contact’.
For the more information on Player Development Courses in Cambridge visit: www.manutdsoccerschools.com/2day