Boxing gloves signed by Anthony Joshua among star prizes at charity auction in March
- Credit: Archant
A charity darts tournament will return to the G.E.R. Club in March for its eighth consecutive year.
Raising money for the oncology department at Peterborough City Hospital, the fundraiser takes place on Saturday March 10 – and organiser, Mark Cross, aims to break the £50,000 barrier.
He has a host of celebrity goodies up for grabs in the popular auction and raffle which includes gloves signed by Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko.
Mark said: “To date we have achieved a grand total of £44,579.58.
“The monies have purchased an ultra-sound machine for the chemotherapy department, comfortable chairs to enhance the treatment of both chemotherapy and radiotherapy patients and nurses have been able to enjoy training courses that they otherwise would not have been able to attend.
You may also want to watch:
• Doors open at the GER at 11.30am with draws for the competitions taking place at 1pm, with play starting shortly afterwards.
• If any individual or business would like to sponsor an auction prize with a donation email firstname.lastname@example.org or 01354 658343 / 07790 845456.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success