WIN!: Case of Royal beer created by Fenland brewery for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding
THE wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is just weeks away - and a Fenland brewery has created a beer to celebrate.
Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech has created Windsor Knot using sovereign hops developed for the Queen’s Golden Jubilee, honey and malt from the Sandringham Estate.
The bottled beer will be available at the end of the month - and to celebrate its launch we are giving away 10 cases, each containing eight bottles, in a competition.
The brewery, situated on Wisbech’s historic North Brink, used malt from barley grown at the Sandringham Estate to create a Royal connection to the beer.
It is also the first time the brewery has used sovereign hops. The honey is a reference to the couple’s honeymoon.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Pateman, head brewer at Elgood’s, said: “It’s a lovely pale golden beer with a lovely aroma of hop and some sweetness from the honey we’ve used.
Samples of the beer have been sent to Clarence House for Prince William and Miss Middleton to taste. Mr Pateman said: “Hopefully they’ll accept that gift and give it a try.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The draught version of Windsor Knot will be available in Elgood’s pubs next month.
• To be in with a chance of winning one of the cases, answer this question:
What is the name of the beer created by Elgood’s to celebrate the Royal wedding?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number, to Elgood’s Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday April 1. Alternatively, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners will be the first 10 answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and must live in the catchment areas of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.