WIN!: Case of Royal beer created by Fenland brewery for Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding
THE wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is just weeks away - and a Fenland brewery has created a beer to celebrate.
Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech has created Windsor Knot using sovereign hops developed for the Queen’s Golden Jubilee, honey and malt from the Sandringham Estate.
The bottled beer will be available at the end of the month - and to celebrate its launch we are giving away 10 cases, each containing eight bottles, in a competition.
The brewery, situated on Wisbech’s historic North Brink, used malt from barley grown at the Sandringham Estate to create a Royal connection to the beer.
It is also the first time the brewery has used sovereign hops. The honey is a reference to the couple’s honeymoon.
Alan Pateman, head brewer at Elgood’s, said: “It’s a lovely pale golden beer with a lovely aroma of hop and some sweetness from the honey we’ve used.
Samples of the beer have been sent to Clarence House for Prince William and Miss Middleton to taste. Mr Pateman said: “Hopefully they’ll accept that gift and give it a try.”
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
The draught version of Windsor Knot will be available in Elgood’s pubs next month.
• To be in with a chance of winning one of the cases, answer this question:
What is the name of the beer created by Elgood’s to celebrate the Royal wedding?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number, to Elgood’s Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday April 1. Alternatively, e-mail your answer to email@example.com
The winners will be the first 10 answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and must live in the catchment areas of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.