WIN! Celebrate the Bard’s work with Royal Shakespeare Company at the Act Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The Reduced Shakespeare Company’s acclaimed stage show The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) is coming to Fenland later this month.
And one reader will win a family ticket, for four people, to enjoy the show.
The show features all 37 plays in 97 minutes. It’s an irreverent, fast-paced romp through the Bard’s plays.
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) was London’s longest-running comedy having clocked a very palpable nine years in London’s West End at the Criterion Theatre.
Join these madcap men in tights as they weave their wicked way through all of Shakespeare’s comedies, histories and tragedies in one wild ride that will leave you breathless and helpless with laughter.
You may also want to watch:
The Reduced Shakespeare Company is a three-man comedy troupe that takes long, serious subjects and reduces them to short, sharp comedies.
Since 1981, ‘The Bad Boys of Abridgement’ have created eight stage shows, two television specials, several failed TV pilots and numerous radio pieces – all of which have been performed, seen, heard and translated into Klingon the world over.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
The show comes to the Act Theatre, in Wisbech, on November 30 and begins at 7.30pm. Tickets can be purchased by calling 01945 474447 or visiting www.act-theatre.co.uk
• To be in with a chance of winning the family ticket, answer this question:
How many of Shakespeare’s plays feature in the 97-minute production?
To enter, text CT BARD followed by your answer (A, B or C), your name and address to 80058. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
The competition closes at 11.59pm on Friday, November 15. The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date.
• By responding you agree that we and other Archant Ltd companies may contact you by post or SMS with services that may be of interest.
You will not be charged for receiving these messages and you may opt out at any time by replying STOP to the originating number.