WIN: Family tickets to bank holiday fun at Huntingdon Racecourse
HUNTINGDON Racecourse is preparing to welcome punters for some thrilling bank holiday racing - and we’ve got five family tickets up for grabs.
The traditional end of summer curtain-raiser will take place on August 29 with an action-packed day of racing in the pipeline.
As well as a full race card, visitors will be treated to a host of attractions.
There will be an inflatable obstacle course over which guests can pay to race against jockeys, a rugby shoot-out and a space-hopper Grand National.
A circus workshop, bungee run, pony rides and a behind-the-scenes tour of the racecourse are also on offer - with the course’s mascot Hugo the Hound on hand to keep the children entertained.
You may also want to watch:
The family race day will be fundraising for the Racing Welfare charity, with support from online bookmaker Blue Square.
As well as general admission, there is a special family package available only by booking in advance - two adults, plus children and two free ice creams for �20. This must be booked online at www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk quoting ‘August2011’.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
We’ve saddled up with the racecourse to offer lucky readers the chance to win tickets to the big day.
Our five winners will each receive two adult admission badges for the main enclosure - with accompanied youngsters aged under 18 admitted at no charge.
For a chance to win this fantastic prize, answer the following question:
• What is the name of Huntingdon Racecourse’s mascot?
Send your answer with your name, address and telephone number on a postcard to Huntingdon Racing Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than August 19. Alternatively, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before this date. Entrants must be from the catchment areas of The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard. Archant competition rules apply.
Admission to Huntingdon Racecourse on Bank Holiday Monday 29 August: Current scheduled first race time is 2.35pm. Gates open at 12.35pm. Adult admission �15. Picnic car park �8. Accompanied under 18s - free. Parking is free. Order tickets by telephone (0844 579 3007) or online at www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk