WIN!: Family tickets to Moscow State Circus show in Cambridge up for grabs
TEN readers and their families will enjoy the Moscow State Circus’ latest and most spectacular show to date when it comes to Cambridgeshire next month.
The extravaganza Babushkin Sekret, inspired by Soviet satirical novel The 12 Chairs, promises to be an incredible journey in the company of one of the greatest non-animal circus performers on earth.
A mammoth cast of Russia’s greatest and most talented circus performers, many of which have never performed in Britain, will combine contemporary and classical circus in ways never before witnessed.
The show includes:
• The queen of Russian circus, Yana Alievia, on a revolving aerial chandelier,
You may also want to watch:
• The Stalkions (three men and two girls walk, back flip and perform pyramids 30ft in the air on the high wire),
• The Whirlwind Rubsovsm troupe who acrobatically catapult themselves across and high into the big top at breakneck speed,
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
• The juggling Sherbakovs on the reverse pyramid of St Petersburg,
• The Doktrovs, flying and spiraling in the apex of the auditorium with grace, beauty and elegance,
• The vertical pole balancing of The Alikanov, and
• The bouncing bamboo bravados of The Perushkins.
If all this isn’t enough to keep you on the edge of your seats, then clowns Valik and Valerik will have you falling off them with laughter.
The circus comes to Midsummer Common in Cambridge from October 5-9. Shows are 5pm and 8pm October 5-7, 3pm and 8pm on October 8 and 2pm and 5pm on October 9.
We have 10 family tickets - worth �112 each - to give away in a competition. Each family ticket admits four people.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question:
Who are the clowns who will have you falling of your seats with laughter?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number to Moscow State Circus Competition, 93 High Street, March, PE15 9LH. Alternatively, e-mail your answer to email@example.com
Closing date for entries is noon on Friday September 30. The winners will be the first 10 answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.