Win fantastic prizes and showcase your talent in this year’s Snap the Ouse Photography Competition
- Credit: Archant
The 2016 Snap the Ouse Photography Competition has launched in the lead up to the summer OuseFest celebrations, which take place from July 18 to 31.
Organised by the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership, the competition welcomes any photographs that define the character and feel of the Ouse Washes and surrounding areas.
‘Whether your photographs include landscapes, wildlife, people, buildings or water, you are encouraged to enter’, say organisers.
Sara Marshall, countryside engagement and marketing officer, said: “Last year’s competition was hugely successful and we hope this year’s will provide more fun opportunities for people to see their local environment through different eyes, discover new aspects not seen before and capture what their local area means to them”.
Twelve shortlisted photographs will be posted on the Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership’s website for public voting and will also be exhibited at various events throughout OuseFest.
You may also want to watch:
There will be three winners, one from each entrance category (age 12 or under, 13 to 18 and 19 or over), who will each receive a basket of prizes worth £50. To participate, send your photo entries to email@example.com by Sunday May 29.
Good luck and happy snapping!
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend