WIN: Perfect day out at East of England Show with 10 family tickets up for grabs
THE spectacular East of England Show is returning to Peterborough to celebrate the best of British farming - and we’ve got 10 family tickets up for grabs.
The show is the region’s leading countryside and lifestyle event, with the country’s finest livestock on show alongside a host of other attractions. It will take place at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on June 17, 18 and 19 and advanced tickets are now on sale.
Horses from across the country will be present to compete in the equestrian classes, with breeds ranging from Shetlands to Shires.
A display of vintage tractors and farm machinery is planned with a special Sugar Beet theme.
An array of delicious food will be available, with a ‘Farms R Us’ section returning to educate children about the source of their food. On Friday, the finalists in the School Food Challenge will also battle it out for the prestigious trophy.
There will be musical entertainment throughout the three days and The Peterborough International Orchid Show is set to return for its fourth year wowing the crowds with spectacular blooms.
Paul Wallwork, Chief Executive of the East of England Agricultural Society, said: “This year’s show will continue to entertain and inform people about farming, food and all things rural.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
“It is also a fabulous day out for the whole family, with something of interest for all ages. We hope you will join us for what is promising to be a wonderful weekend.”
To book tickets, or for more information, call 0845 600 5445 or visit www.showground.org.uk
• To be in with a chance of winning one of the family tickets (for two adults and two children), answer this question:
What is the special theme for this year’s vintage tractors and farm machinery display at the East of England Show?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number to East of England Show Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday May 20. Alternatively e-mail your answer to email@example.com
The winner will be the first answer drawn at random from all the correct entries. Entrants must be from the catchment areas of The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard. Archant rules apply.