WIN: Perfect day out at East of England Show with 10 family tickets up for grabs
THE spectacular East of England Show is returning to Peterborough to celebrate the best of British farming - and we’ve got 10 family tickets up for grabs.
The show is the region’s leading countryside and lifestyle event, with the country’s finest livestock on show alongside a host of other attractions. It will take place at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on June 17, 18 and 19 and advanced tickets are now on sale.
Horses from across the country will be present to compete in the equestrian classes, with breeds ranging from Shetlands to Shires.
A display of vintage tractors and farm machinery is planned with a special Sugar Beet theme.
An array of delicious food will be available, with a ‘Farms R Us’ section returning to educate children about the source of their food. On Friday, the finalists in the School Food Challenge will also battle it out for the prestigious trophy.
You may also want to watch:
There will be musical entertainment throughout the three days and The Peterborough International Orchid Show is set to return for its fourth year wowing the crowds with spectacular blooms.
Paul Wallwork, Chief Executive of the East of England Agricultural Society, said: “This year’s show will continue to entertain and inform people about farming, food and all things rural.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
“It is also a fabulous day out for the whole family, with something of interest for all ages. We hope you will join us for what is promising to be a wonderful weekend.”
To book tickets, or for more information, call 0845 600 5445 or visit www.showground.org.uk
• To be in with a chance of winning one of the family tickets (for two adults and two children), answer this question:
What is the special theme for this year’s vintage tractors and farm machinery display at the East of England Show?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact number to East of England Show Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than Friday May 20. Alternatively e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be the first answer drawn at random from all the correct entries. Entrants must be from the catchment areas of The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard. Archant rules apply.