WIN! Three readers will each win a family ticket to East of England Show
THE countdown has begun to the biggest family event in Peterborough - and three lucky readers will each win a family tickets.
The East of England Show has a packed calendar of new and exciting attractions from July 6-8.
An outdoor evening concert, Friday’s Ladies’ Day, a new ‘green’ business hub, shopping village, a programme of interactive children’s events, food court and more than 1,000 animals on show will make this year’s event unmissable.
Thousands of visitors from across the region are expected to attend the show – held at the East of England Showground in Peterborough.
Now in its 44th year at the Showground, the 2012 event sees an ambitious plan to recreate the countryside atmosphere but with a very modern twist.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Riddington, Show committee chairman, said: “This is the biggest family show in the city’s annual calendar – we want it to be a true celebration of the countryside, in all its many guises and one that has something for everyone.”
Paul Tate, interim show secretary, said: “We are finalising details on performers for the outdoor concert that will see live music returning to the venue on Saturday evening.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
“It’s about getting involved, taking part, really getting something out of the weekend and leaving feeling you’ve had a great day out and only had to travel as far as the showground to do so.”
• To be in with a chance of winning a family ticket, answer this question:
On which day of the show is Ladies’ Day?
To enter, text CT EAST followed by your answer (A, B or C) name and address to 80058. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
Competition closes at 11.59pm on Friday June 22. There are three prizes of a family ticket to the East of Englan Show. The winners will be the first three correct entries selected at random after the closing date.
Usual promotion rules apply – visit our website.
• By responding to promotions, offers and competitions you agree that we and other Archant Ltd companies may contact you by post or SMS with services that may be of interest. You will not be charged for receiving these messages and you may opt out at any time by replying STOP to the originating number.