Win tickets to see Aled Jones sing and share tales of his time in the public eye at the Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Singer and TV presenter Aled Jones is coming to the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Wednesday, October 8 ... and three readers will win a pair of tickets.
Aled was propelled into national stardom aged 11 with his version of Walking in the Air, which featured in the 1982 Christmas film The Snowman.
By the time he was 16, he had recorded 16 albums, selling more than six million copies, and sung for Pope John Paul, the Queen and the Prince and Princess of Wales.
In September 1990, Jones made his acting debut in Shaun McKenna’s adaptation of Richard Llewellyn’s How Green Was My Valley, playing the teenage Huw Morgan.
After studying at the Royal Academy of Music and the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, he took the leading role in the long-running production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
You may also want to watch:
He also played the young Tom Gradgrind in a large scale national touring production of Charles Dickins’ Hard Times.
More recently he has become one of the nation’s favourite TV personalities - he has presented Songs of Praise for more than 10 years and hosted many other shows including Escape to the Country and Cash in the Attic. He has also presented radio shows on Classic FM and BBC Radio 2.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Aled was made an MBE in the 2013 Birthday Honours for services to music and broadcasting and for charitable services.
In February, he was nominated as a Honorary Fellow of the Royal Academy of Music.
Aled, accompanied by world class musicians, will serve up an eclectic mix of songs and stories from his 32 years in the public eye.
The show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £30, concessions £27.50. To purchase, contact the box office on 01223 357851.
• To stand a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question:
What Christmas film made Aled Jones a household name with his rendition of Walking in the Air?
To enter, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org - make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Friday, September 26. The winners will be the first three answers drawn at random from all the correct entries.
Archant competition rules apply.