Win tickets to see Elbow at Thetford Forest on June 29
- Credit: Archant
British rock royalty Elbow will be one of the bands gracing the stage at Theford Forest this summer as part of a concert series promoted by the Forestry Commission – and we have three pairs of tickets to give away to some lucky winners.
Elbow’s rise over the past two decades has seen them become one of the most important bands in contemporary British music.
Since debut album, 2001’s ‘Asleep In The Back’ their stature has grown with subsequent releases such as ‘Leaders Of The Free World’, ‘The Seldom Seen Kid’, ‘Build A Rocket Boys’ and 2017’s ‘Little Fictions’ that debuted at the top of the U.K. charts.
Front man Guy Garvey’s story-telling lyrics have honed their unique identity and sound to establish the band a passionate fan base and critical acclaim on their musical journey including two Ivor Novellos and a BRIT award for Best British Band.
Renowned for the intimacy of their live shows, stand-out gigs include Glastonbury Festival’s sunset slot with a trio of sets on the Pyramid Stage, taking part in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games performing their classic track ‘One Day Like This’ and recreating their Mercury Prize winning album, ‘The Seldom Seen Kid’, with the BBC Concert Orchestra from the world famous Abbey Road Studio One.
You may also want to watch:
The quartet will take to the Suffolk stage on Thursday June 29 and for the chance to win a pair of tickets, simply answer this question:
What is the name of Elbow’s debut album?
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Entries must be sent via email to email@example.com by Monday May 29.
• For more information on the Forestry Commission, visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music.