Win tickets to see hit-maker Rick Astley at Thetford Forest on July 1
- Credit: Archant
Pop icon and multi-million selling artist Rick Astley is to bring his collection of hits to Thetford Forest next month – and we have four pairs of tickets up for grabs.
With his first number one album in 29 years, titled ‘50’, the Brit Award winning singer has pulled off one of pop’s most remarkable comebacks. ‘50’ has gone gold, has been well received by fans and critics alike, and includes the hit singles ‘Keep Singing’, ‘Angels On My Side’ and ‘Dance’.
Astley was just 21-years-old when he unleashed the iconic ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ and few debut singles since have had the same impact. It became the UK’s biggest selling single of the year, going on to hit number one in 16 countries.
The song became the centrepiece of debut album ‘Whenever You Need Somebody’, which sold an astonishing 15 million copies worldwide, cracking the US Top 10 in the process.
Holding the distinction of being the first male solo artist to see his first eight singles reach the UK Top Ten, the hits continued with ‘Together Forever’; ‘She Wants To Dance With Me’; ‘Take Me To Your Heart’; ‘Hold Me In Your Arms’ and ‘Cry For Help’.
You may also want to watch:
As part of Forest Live, Rick and special guest, Rumer, will be appearing at Thetford Forest on Saturday 1 July and to win a pair of tickets, simply answer this question correctly:
How old was Rick Astley when his single ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ released?
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Entries, along with a contact number, must be sent via email to email@example.com by Monday June 5.
• For more information, visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music.