WIN!: Tractor Ted DVD and free entry to Fenland lambing weekend as farm welcomes orphaned lambs
THE ewes are getting fatter and in the next two weeks they will give birth to their lambs - and to celebrate a Fenland farm is holding a lambing weekend.
Between 25 and 50 lambs will be born at Pigeons Farm at Thorney and the two-day event offers the chance to feed the new arrivals.
Chicks, rabbits and guinea pigs will also be on show, which runs from March 19-20, whilst visitors will also be able to wander around craft stalls and play on a jumping pillow.
Linda Moore, of Pigeons Farm, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to bring the family for a really great deal of fun over the two days.
“We can never say to the minute when lambs will arrive but usually there are some born during these two days and of course on other days at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
Tractor Ted is also visiting from the West Country to spend two days with his young fans. Last year, Tractor Ted attended one of the two days but attracted more than 1,000 visitors.
Families can also explore a combine harvester and other farm machinery.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
Among the livestock at Pigeons Farm are two lambs, which were orphaned when their mother died after giving birth. Pigeons Farm is looking after the lambs, which are about two weeks old, and visitors are helping to feed them.
• To celebrate Tractor Ted’s return to the Fens we are giving away six copies of his latest DVD adventure. Tractor Ted Meets the Horses gives an insight into the day in the life of a racehorse.
The winners and a parent/guardian can also gain free entry to the lambing weekend on March 19. They will be presented their prize at noon.
To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question:
Where is Pigeons Farm?
To enter, send your answer on a postcard including your name, address and daytime contact, to Pigeons Farm Competition, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ to arrive no later than next Tuesday (March 15). Alternatively, e-mail your entry to email@example.com
The winners will be the first six answers drawn at random from all the correct entries. Entry is restricted to readers who live in the catchment areas of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.
Archant competition rules apply.